Support to Industry
FRP Institute offers the following types of services, which are aimed at improving the knowledge, growth and quality all related to composites. We also create Business Opportunities & Networking Platforms.
International Conferences and Exhibitions
The institute organizes International Conferences and Exhibition on Reinforced Plastics (ICERP) series event once in every two years. The institute has successfully organized nine ICERP events since 2002. The ICERP 2002, ICERP 2004 and ICERP 2006 were held in Chennai and ICERP 2008, ICERP 2011 and ICERP 2013 were held in Mumbai. The ICERP 2015 was held at Hyderabad. The ICERP 2017 and ICERP 2019 were again held in Mumbai. One of the highlights of ICERP 2011 was the event was inaugurated by Hon. Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Former President of INDIA. The ICERP series event has become an ideal platform for the foreign companies to make joint ventures and business collaborations with Indian companies. The event has also created opportunities for the Indian composites companies to showcase their capabilities globally. The ICERP event is the second biggest event on composites in Asia and is well recognized by global composites fraternity”.
For more information on ICERP events visit our website : www.icerpshow.com
India Pavilion in leading composites Exhibitions around the world
The Institute organizes India pavilion and participates in leading composites exhibitions around the world which includes JEC World, China Composites Expo, JEC Asia, etc. The main aim is to promote Indian companies for their business growth and also to explore export opportunities.
The Institute jointly organized seven conferences at Hyderabad in association with Telangana and Andhra Composites Manufacturers Association (TAACMA)- (formerly Fibreglass Industries Assoication of Andhra Pradesh (FIAAP), All the events were supported by Karnataka Assoication of Fibregalss Indsutries (KAFI), Bangaluru, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED), Hyderabad and Advanced systems laboratory of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
The Institute organises short duration seminars on selected topics in order to promote the growth of the industry and to provide up-to-date knowledge and information. The following are some of the topics on which seminars were conducted earlier.
- Opportunities for FRP Composites in Transport Industry held on 30.10.99 at Chennai.
- Opportunities for FRP Composites in Infrastructure held on 11.3.2000 at Chennai.
- International Workshop on FRP in Infrastructure Applications held on 18-19 August, 2000 at New Delhi.
- "Quality Assurance and ISO 9000 Certification in FRP Industry" held at Chennai
- Fibre Reinforced Thermoplastics and their applications held at Chennai' on 17.3.2001
- Opportunities for FRP Composites in Civil Engineering and Civil Infrastructure held on 18.08.2001 at Chennai.
- " FRP Composites for water management and sewage disposal" held at IIT Delhi in Sept. 2002
Voluntary codes of practices for improving material and product quality
This service of the Institute is intended to prepare standard codes of practices on materials, processes and products that can be voluntarily adopted by the industry for making and supplying products of consistent quality. The following codes are available at present.
- Voluntary Code of Practice for Glass Fibre Polyester Translucent Roofing Sheets-FPPI-VCP-P001 :2001
- Voluntary Code for the manufacture and marketing of Polyester Resin systems- FRPI-VCP-M001:2001.
- Voluntary code of practice for the manufacture and marketing of glass fibre reinforced plastics (GRP) doors FRPI - VCP-P002-2002
Information Services / Technical queries
Industries can send their queries regarding sourcing of materials, machinery and composites products to contact details given below:
Email : email@example.com
Mr. S. Prabakaran
Executive Technical & Communications
Information & Technical Services:
Industries can approach Composites Technology Centre, IIT Madras for carrying out tests on composites materials.
Click here for the test facilities available and the corresponding charges.